Buying a home is one of the biggest investments you’ll ever make, and it’s an exciting experience to finally be able to do so. However, with your new mortgage lender often comes uncertainty about whether or not they will stay with you through the process. To ensure that you have a loyal mortgage lender, here are some simple ways to keep them happy throughout the entire process.
5 Principles for a Good Customer Experience
#1. Put yourself in the customer’s shoes. What is their perspective on the transaction? What do they want out of it? Your company can only succeed if you understand what a good customer experience feels like. It’s more than just making sure everything goes smoothly, but truly caring about your customers’ happiness.
#2. Become the expert in all things customer-related. You may not be able to please everyone 100% of the time, but at least you know what you’re dealing with when issues come up (i.e., a terrible dry cleaning service). And since you are an expert now, that’ll make talking to customers much easier and even take away some of their worries or concerns when they call.
Principle 1 – Provide Great Service
A mortgage lender should be treated with the same care and attention as any other client. Be sure to always answer your phone, respond promptly to messages, and make yourself available for any questions or requests. Always provide the best customer service possible by giving them all of the information they need, when they need it. Understanding how your company works is important so that you can give more accurate responses. This will show them that you are knowledgeable and able to help them through their mortgage process. Additionally, don’t forget that a quick response can go a long way in building a loyal lender relationship. When an issue arises, don’t wait until someone has to call again before addressing it. When communicating via email, try responding within 24 hours or less. When working on an issue together on the phone, stay on the line until everything is solved!
Principle 2 – Get to Know Your Customers
- Know your customer’s budget: When talking with a client, it is important to get an idea of how much they are planning on spending on their mortgage, and the financial situation they are in now. You can use this information to help find the best mortgage plan for them. 2. Research before buying: Some lenders offer programs where you will receive a discount if you purchase your home through them, which will be reflected in your rate. It is always wise to do research about different lenders, as well as their offers for your purchase so that you can decide what’s best for you! 3. Do not focus only on monthly payments: Many people often think that the most important thing when getting a mortgage is the monthly payment amount. However, while this may be true at first glance, there are many other factors that should also be considered such as length of term and interest rates. 4. Talk to other professionals: Other professionals such as real estate agents or accountants may also have advice for finding affordable mortgages. 5.
Principle 3 – Deliver on Promises, Exceed Expectations
Being able to deliver on your promises and provide excellent customer service is key. If you can show that you are willing and eager to exceed their expectations, it will be worth their while. You can do this by setting goals or milestones for your customers and staying in touch with them at key intervals, as well as being open with them about anything that may arise. This way, they’ll feel more comfortable trusting you with their home mortgage needs in the future. As a result, you’ll build up a loyal following of clients who only work with you because of how good of a job you did. It’s also important to always keep in mind what might be important to them so that you can tailor your services accordingly. For example, if they are first-time buyers, explain the process and help them every step of the way. If they have already been through a home purchase before, then point out aspects of your services which may benefit them most like having access to experts or advisors who specialize in different areas.
Principle 4 – Innovate with Technology
Technology is not just nice to have, it’s essential. – Steve Jobs
What can be said about innovation and technology? It’s a critical part of business that separates the winners from the losers. Not only does it help distinguish your company as innovative, but it also helps increase customer loyalty. Here are five tips on how you can stay ahead in this space and keep your mortgage lender loyal. First, make sure your website is easy to navigate for both first-time and returning visitors. Next, offer content like video tutorials or step-by-step guides. Thirdly, take advantage of social media sites like Facebook or Twitter to interact with clients; this way they feel more connected with you which will help them feel more confident when they purchase a product or service from you. Fourthly, use email marketing software that enables you to segment email recipients into different groups based on their demographics or behavior such as purchase history.
Principle 5 – Listen, Learn and Adapt
- Listen Closely
- Learn from the Successes and Failures of Other Couples
- Adapt Your Listing Based on Home Trends in Your Area and Curb Appeal Demands 4. Be Patient
- Be Flexible
- Consider a Move-in Ready House
- Consider Downsizing or Trading Up 8. Seek Feedback 9. Offer Exclusive Deals 10. Respond Promptly 11. Provide Good Customer Service 12. Offer Free Consultations 13. Maintain Your Competitive Edge 14. Continue Learning 15. Communicate with Potential Buyers Regularly 16. Understand Your Client’s Needs 17. Prioritize Client Satisfaction 18. Review Contracts Thoroughly 19. Make Decisions Quickly 20. Practice Patience 21
When you’re in the market for a new mortgage lender, don’t forget to find one that offers all of the features and benefits that are important to you. Though no two companies are alike, you may want to consider things like current interest rates, low monthly payments, or on-time payments. And it is always best practice to check if they have competitive rates. Most importantly, don’t forget that your mortgage lender should be available when you need them. When choosing a lender, make sure they offer competitive rates and fast service by having someone readily available 24/7. These types of lenders will be loyal!